Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reading Update

Sarah referenced an article this morning that discussed American's reading habits and fact that 25% of Americans didn't read a single book in 2006.


It's been awhile since I gave you a 2007 reading update, so here it is.....this morning I started my 54th book of the year (Thr3e by Ted Dekker). I guess I skew the curve a bit.

When I was growing up I used to read constantly. After college, my reading slowed dramatically. I think it was because I was tired when I got home from work and I couldn't stay up until all hours of the night reading! Since I started riding the train to work last fall, I almost can't keep books in the house to read! I get about 20-25 minutes each way every day, plus I usually read for 30 minutes or so at lunch. That's at the very least an hour of reading time every day!

Since my last update, I've added the following books:

At Home in Mitford - Jan Karon
A Light in the Window - Jan Karon
These High Green Hills - Jan Karon
Out to Caanan - Jan Karon
A New Song - Jan Karon
A Common Life - Jan Karon
In this Mountain - Jan Karon
Shepherds Abiding - Jan Karon
Light from Heaven - Jan Karon
Perfecting Kate- Tamara Leigh
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J. K. Rowling
Tell No One - Harlan Coben
The Negotiator - Dee Henderson
The Guardian - Dee Henderson
The Truth Seeker - Dee Henderson
The Protector - Dee Henderson
The Healer - Dee Henderson

The Rescuer - Dee Henderson
Op Center - State of Siege - Tom Clancy
Black - Ted Dekker
Red - Ted Dekker
White - Ted Dekker

3 comments:

the Whitelaws said...

Good for you, Jenni! I love reading too, but have slowed down lately. I loved the Mitford series! Excited to see you soon, Sara

Sarah said...

Geeeeez, my meager 10 really pales in comparison to your 54! I am trying to read more, but I'm always so tired at night when I get around to it.

I think I may add some of the classics. After I read all 7 HP though!

Kelly said...

WOW! I'm impressed.