Thursday, June 21, 2007

Spring Reading Thing Wrap-up

Here is my original post with my list. Basically, I didn't make a list of what I wanted to read, but was determined to keep a list of everything I will read in 2007. Maybe for the fall reading challenge, I'll have a list of things I want to get through.



What I've read so far this year is ..... 31 books:

Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen
The Color of Law Mark Gimenez
Deception Point Dan Brown
Digital Fortress Dan Brown
Da Vinci Code Dan Brown
Outlander Diana Gabaldon
Angels and Demons Dan Brown
Primrose Past Caroline Rose Hunt
Lord John and the Private Matter Diana Gabaldon
The Accidental Bride Janice Harayda
A Salty Piece of Land Jimmy Buffett
Alexandria Nick Bantock
The Morning Star Nick Bantock
The Pocket Muse: Endless Inspiration Monica Wood
Heartburn Nora Ephron
The Forgetting Room Nick Bantock
The Museum at Purgatory Nick Bantock
Where is Joe Merchant? Jimmy Buffett
Voice in the Wind Francine Rivers
Echo in the Darkness Francine Rivers
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone J. K .Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets J. K .Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban J. K .Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire J. K .Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix J. K .Rowling
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince J. K .Rowling
True Devotion Dee Henderson
True Valor Dee Henderson
True Honor Dee Henderson
Net Force - Point of Impact Tom Clancy
Debt of Honor Tom Clancy




And here are the wrap-up questions:



What was the best book you read this spring?

How to define "best"? I can't even narrow it down! So many were so entertaining. Sorry, I have to cop-out on this one.


What book could you have done without?

The Museum at Purgatory -- couldn't even get into it, so I took it right back to the library.


Did you try out a new author this spring? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again?

Dee Henderson -- she had been highly recommended and I really did enjoy the books of hers that I read. And yes, I plan to read another of her series soon.


If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize those books weren't worth it?

The Pocket Muse - I thought it would give me blogging fodder, but really it was for serious writers. So, I skimmed it all in about 30 minutes and took it back to the library!


Did you come across a book or two on other participants' lists that you're planning to add to your own to-be-read pile? Which ones?

I actually didn't have much time to browse other lists -- but I got quite a few suggestions on new authors and books to read that I haven't even attempted to start on yet!


What did you learn -- about anything -- through this challenge?

I'm definitely a fiction, read to escape kind of girl. I've tried to read non-fiction and just have a really hard time. I think I could probably do biographies, because really that is still an escape into someone else's world.



What was the best part of the Spring Reading Thing?

It jump started me on keeping a list of what I've read this year...



Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this fall?

Oh yes. Most definitely

6 comments:

Nise' said...

Hope you are going to read the rest of the books in the Outlander series! I love, love that series and re-read it every few years. Great job on the reading!

pdr2 said...

And I thought I was doing good reading one book this month. Let me know if you need any books.

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

You should try memoir, because it's nonfiction but it's usually written just like a first-person novel. Since I enjoy it so much, I thought that I would probably enjoy biographies as well, but they just aren't as compelling. I think that I mentioned a couple of my favorite memoirs in the comment section of my wrap up post.

RD said...

wow - I'm impressed! When I finish all the books that we already own but I have yet to read (which will never happen), I'll have to peruse your list.
-rebecca

Misadventures of the Dynamic Uno said...

What a great list! I've read the Dan Brown books, Harry Potter series, Diana Gabaldon series, and Dee Henderson too! I'll have to try the Francine Rivers and Nick Bantock books too. Thanks for your wrap-up post. I've added several books to my TBR pile. Congrats on your new home also! :)

Katrina said...

Great job -- you read a ton of books! And good for you for getting through the HPs in preparation for the last one. I kept meaning to do that, but haven't. I may just have to jump into book 7 without a review! So glad you'll be joining in the fall challenge, too!