Sunday, March 25, 2007

Reading

















I saw reference to this at Karen's site. Intriguing. The problem is, I don't know what I want to read! Now that I am riding the train every day, I'm flying through books. (Seriously, I read Angels and Demons in 2.5 days - just in 25 minutes each way on the train and at lunch.) Just for kicks, I'm gonna try to document all the books I read in 2007. I'm not sure I can remember everything I've read so far this spring, but we'll take what we can get and go from here.

Any book suggestions that you want to make would be welcomed. I enjoy fiction with a romantic or mysterious turn. Don't go for much that is really deep - I read (like I watch movies) to escape reality. And yes, I have a library card, so I should be able to get anything I want.

I am one of those people that can re-read, so I may fill in with some of that. I probably could use to re-read the Harry Potter series before book 7 comes out this summer

Here's the list so far for 2007 -- I'll keep a word doc and update you all periodically with a grand total recap at year end.

Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen
The Color of Law Mark Gimenez
Deception Point Dan Brown
Digital Fortress Dan Brown
Da Vinci Code Dan Brown
Outlander Diana Gabaldon (quick note: this was a re-read....for like the 4th or 5th time -- I've read the whole series and it is one I pick back up when I have nothing else to read)
Angels and Demons Dan Brown
Primrose Past Caroline Rose Hunt

Currently reading:
Lord John and the Private Matter Diana Gabldon

On tap:
The Accidental Bride Janice Harayda
A Salty Piece of Land Jimmy Buffett

10 comments:

Chris said...

I've read all the Gabaldon books- they're addictive.

Good luck with the Spring Reading Challenge

Karen said...

You must read some Karen Kingsbury! She is awesome. Terri Blackstock is also good; she writes suspense/mystery with a Christian perspective.

Elaine said...

Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (mysterious turn)
The Other Boleyn Girl, by Phillipa Gregory (romantic)
fiction or non-fiction by Anne Lammott (humorous, honest, I think you'll dig it)

Nise' said...

I'm with you, I read for entertainment. You will love Outlander! The entire series is awesome. The Eve Duncan series by Iris Johansen is very good as well.
Happy Reading.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Come hang out at West of Mars -- I plug a lot of books (not the deep stuff, have no fear), and a bunch of my friends have book blogs. If you ever need anything to read, come on over!

Happy reading!

Jennifer said...

I used to love taking the bus to work for that very reason!

Little Light said...

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani (which will probably only take you about 1.5 days - pretty light but good read about a single 30-something in Virginia in the 1970s).

Rae said...

Great list! How did you like the Diana Gabaldon book? I'm going to have to look for The Accidental Bride. Can't wait to see your reviews. Happy Reading!

Katrina said...

I always intend to track the books I read every year, but never quite keep up with it. Sigh... Also, I probably need to re-read the Harry Potters before #7 as well. Thanks for being part of the Spring Reading Thing! Enjoy those books!

Heidi Renee said...

I second Elaine - Anne Lamott is WONDERFUL!

I also just finished "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield, and really enjoyed it.

If you can handle a brutal, yet beautiful story Water for Elephants was very moving - brutal though.

And just in case you've never read them you HAVE to read Susan Howatch, start with Glittering Images and read through the other (I think there are 7??) and you'll enjoy each one as the characters weave and wind throughout - they are my absolute favorite!

Thank you for the head's up on the Outlander Series - I've been looking for some rich characters to wind into my life!

Oh, and I just remembered a wonderful book another blogger recommended - it's a trilogy (but the copy of the book I have has them all together) - The Hawk & The Dove Trilogy - Penelope Wilcox - moving, deep spiritual and beautiful characters!