Sunday, October 02, 2011

Weekend with Emily

Friday, I met Heather, Mom, Emily & Anna about halfway between to pick up Emily for her first solo weekend at my house.  Friday night when we got home, we made pizza, watched Monsters, Inc and enjoyed a treat of "poptorn" and m&m's.

Saturday morning, we got up and got ready to go out on the town.



First stop, the playground at Cottonwood Park.


After playing for a while, we wandered through the Arts Festival and Emily enjoyed some time drawing on a chalkboard in the kids area.


After the arts festival, we headed to Northpark. While waiting for the crowds to die down a bit at Build-a-Bear, we headed to the Dallas Public Library branch.  Emily LOVES to type and so she really enjoyed some time on the "patuter."


She also enjoyed playing a game of Dora.



Finally we made it to Build-a-Bear.  Please meet "Owl."


I think Emily loves him. :-)


After lunch at Chick-fil-A, we headed off to find another playground.  The day was warming up, so some of the equipment was kinda warm, but Emily still really enjoyed playing.


We wandered through the flea market at Junkadoodle and then headed home.  Emily loves playing with my yo-yos - though not in the usual way. She just winds and unwinds the string - over and over and over and over again.


And finally, crashed out at the end of a long fun-filled day.  (the night wasn't quite so peaceful for me - I was up sick all night long. boo.)


Today, Emily had no interest in going to her own class or to Kidz Journey at church, but she was very well behaved regardless.  We had lunch at Wild About Harry's and I think she thoroughly enjoyed her chocolate custard with sprinkles. She was even so kind to share with me (though I certainly didn't enjoy it the way I normally would)!




After lunch we headed back to the halfway point for the exchange.  I was very, very sad to see her go.  Will definitely have to start planning her next weekend visit!!  


Emily - I love you very much and I'm so glad you came to visit! Come again soon!!

7 comments:

Jim said...

Glad you had a fun time! Hope you're feeling better.

Lana said...

What great memories you made! Neither of you will ever forget this weekend!

Sarah B said...

Yea! Sounds great (except for the you being sick part :( Get better so we can eat horrible food next weekend at the Fair! Good job, Aunt Jenni!

That Girl said...

What fun! I loved seeing you photos. It makes me miss those days with Rusty and Dalton!

the Whitelaws said...

Looks like so much fun (minus the sick part)! Love that she picked the owl with so many colors that are just "you." When can I come for a weekend like that?!

Karen said...

What a special Aunt/Niece weekend!

jennyc said...

How fun! You guys did a LOT! I have great memories of being spoiled rotten by my Aunt Cindy - Would you be interested in any nephews for a weekend :) Miss you!