Monday, October 17, 2011

Pinterest

So, I've fallen down the rabbit hole that is Pinterest.  Basically it is just a little corner of the interwebs where I can make pinboards of things that I want to remember from my web wanderings.  I can follow my friends boards and borrow their ideas or browse the many many other boards out there from folks I don't know.


There are decor ideas, food ideas, travel ideas, fun architecture ideas, ideas for the future (wedding/kids).  It can be a HUGE time-sucker, but I think it is a great way to organize all the fun things that are out there.


So, tonight, I finally executed the first idea that I found on Pinterest. This Pizza Snowballs recipe looked yummy on someone else's pinboard and I snagged it for my own.


I had all the ingredients in my fridge, so I decided it would make a quick, easy dinner.  First, I cut up the biscuits and turkey pepperoni slices.


I just layered them with cheese in the muffin tin, rather than mushing it up into a ball.  Probably would have worked a little better to actually mush it all together.


But, it still looked yummy after about 18 minutes at 350 degrees,


I also warmed up a bit of pizza sauce (that is also a fridge staple for me) to dip in.  I don't think it would have been as good without the dip.


Definitely a keeper .... and one that could be played with/adapted for whatever "toppings" are on hand.


(note: I used 3/4 of a regular size canned biscuit, 3 slices of turkey pepperoni and a few small sprinkles of cheese per muffin cup -- probably could have used more stuffing to balance with the biscuit)



1 comment:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Yum! Fun idea. I don't do pinterest but I love it when others share what they have found on there on their blogs. I'm gonna have to bookmark this one:)

Did you use one biscuit per muffin tin?