Monday, October 12, 2009

The Kitchn Cure

I subscribe to a number of home themed blogs....to see how other people decorate, to discover fun new crafty/thrifty ideas, to learn how to do new things.....one favorite is the Apartment Therapy group of blogs.


The Kitchn is focused on....you guessed it, kitchens....recipes, organizing, etc. They are hosting a Fall Kitchen Cure and I've decided to participate. I am blessed with a lot of cabinets and while I feel like my kitchen is in fairly good shape, I think I probably could stand to get rid of some stuff. Hoping that the next four weeks of kitchen projects will be fun and help with that objective.

I'm also toying with the idea of painting my kitchen....any ideas on color suggestions? You can see my cabinets below are a light mapley color, I have black granite, stainless appliances and yellow gingham curtains (that were originally in my nursery, I believe!). I also have purple pendant lights (that the globes could be changed).....



First assignment: take a photo of the kitchen cabinets.....so here are some shots of mine (incl some drawers)....





























































2 comments:

Heather Solos said...

This looks interesting. My kitchen, despite being photographed in on a continual basis is a wreck behind the closed cabinets

Miss G said...

I happen to like the top one, second to the left. :)

Paint? hmmm . . . I'll have to think on that one.

So how does this fall kitchen cure thing work?

I do like the idea of possibly changing out the purple globes.

I hope you have a super day. Kelly