Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday morning projects

Well, what with miss Emily's arrival and all, it had been 2 long weeks in the hot summer since I mowed my yard. Thankfully, it didn't look too awful, but it was definitely longer than it needed to be. So, I got up this morning and mowed.
I also spent about an hour trimming some photinia bushes in my back yard. They hadn't trimmed well and were pretty scraggly, but the new growth was falling down into the yard and just looked yuck. So, I decided to try and trim them like the crepe myrtles.....into a tree (sorta). We'll see how they continue to grow -- if I don't like them, I can always have them dug out....

before:




















and after:





















oh, yeah .... and the pile of trimmings and cabana project trash waiting to be picked up Monday morning!







1 comment:

Tip Junkie said...

That had to take a ton of work! It looks great.