Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Crossword

I've started doing crossword puzzles.....though I'm not nearly the expert that my mother is. I also tend to get bored pretty quickly when I don't know the answers. That's why I don't ever complete most of the newspaper puzzles. My newspaper online is pretty cool in that it colors the letters red if you are wrong.

This week I was at a conference.....one thing I often do to try and stay awake while listening is crossword puzzles. This time, I even bought a couple of books at Barnes and Noble to ensure that I didn't fall asleep. They are pretty easy puzzles.....Pop Culture and Celebrity puzzles.

Today, on my way home, I was so engrossed in my puzzle and listening to soothing music on my iPod that I completely missed my train stop. Thankfully, it was only two stops before I realized my error. Got off the train, crossed the tracks and waited for the next train south. Again thankfully, it was only about 5 minutes until the next train and I made it home without further incident.

Just another train-riding commute adventure.....

4 comments:

Lana said...

Glad you can relax on your ride home -- but you might want to keep one eye on the stops!

Sarah B said...

Ditto what your mom said :)

Karen said...

OK, I'll refrain from parental-type comments and run with the whole crossword puzzle thing. Dell publishes the *best* crosswords and word puzzle magazines in. the. world. I cannot stand to buy any other kind of puzzle magazine; there is just no comparison. Go. Get one. Now. :)

Amy said...

I'm actually jealous of your 80 degrees!