Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Decor Tour

I take photos of my Christmas decor every year.....mostly to make it easier to decorate the next year!  Of course, some things move around and others are retired to make room for new pretties, but for the most part, once I figure out a good scheme, I stick with it.  


I've recently fallen down the rabbit hole that is Pinterest and there are TONS of fun decor ideas.  I took one inspiration shot and incorporated it into my decor this year.  And since I know I get ideas from other folks (and some blogs I read are having decor linky parties), here are some shots of my 2011 decorations.




front porch....the tree lights up at night

Santa welcomes you to step on his face as you walk in the front door

guest bath - the window decor is the Pinterest inspired piece this year





guest bedroom - the pipe cleaner tree reminds me of the Charlie Brown tree



master bedroom - finally found the right decor for over the windows!


the reason for the season



office decor - love my new folded star pillow made by my mom and gifted to me last year for Christmas


top of my desk - love the new silver tree!

living room - entertainment center

still using the skinny tree I purchased in my apartment - and it still fits so well in my home! very eclectic mix of vintage and modern ornaments

bookshelves - many vintage books that bring back such fond memories

trellis above the couch....love cheap felt ornaments!

Merry Christmas - from my German roots

my nieces/family - pics from last Christmas on the fridge, but they make me smile


snowman cookie jar sitting on my recipe box


And there, in a nutshell, is my home decorated for Christmas.  Hope you enjoyed the tour!


6 comments:

Shelley said...

Where did you get that Nativity Scene? I love it and would love to find one!

the Whitelaws said...

I love all your decorations! Especially the pintrest bathroom curtain idea, the guest room lights and pillow and of course the snowflakes in your room. Come decorate my house, please.

Miss G said...

oh this makes me miss you!

Okay, first I always love your welcome box full of poinsettias! You moved the outside tree didn't you?

love the pipe cleaner tree and the ornaments and spools mixed beside it. I always love the lights on the headboard in the goes room too - so magical!

I too like your new silver tree and the the two tall bottle brush trees with it.

the felt ornaments look really cute on the trellis!

Kelly

Heather said...

Thanks for the tour. Wish we could see it in person, but we'll settle for seeing you tomorrow!

Miss Charming said...

Such wonderful Christmas touches. (And I really like your vintage pink tile in the bath.) My favorite is your beautiful nativity.

Karen said...

Thank you for the tour. I love the Pinterest hanging Christmas balls. I pinned that but never got around to it. Glad you did.