Friday, December 10, 2010

Ten on Ten - December 2010 edition

My friend Kelly has linked up to a monthly blog photo essay for several months. I've forgotten the past few months until it was too late, but I was prepared today.  The concept is to document a day in the life -- 10 photos over 10 hours of your day.  My photos are spread over a few more hours - mostly because I'm at my desk for 9+ hours each day. And how boring is that?  But I did take a few snaps through the workday, as well as before and after. So, here we go!

Up and at em....




Entrance to my office building.....the statue is called "Faces" and is by some fancy European sculptor




Mid-morning blog break....and a minute to smile as I look at my cutie pie niece, Emily



Yes, I do eat lunch at my desk most days. But I do usually pull out a book and read something completely unrelated to oil and gas accounting! Today it was a Nora Roberts trilogy-in-one book.


Pulling out the highlighters to color code a support document....channeling my inner creativity through my right-brained accountant!



View to the west as I prepare to leave the office. Sadly, this photo does not do justice to the pretty pink streaks in the sky.


Stopping to fuel my vehicle on the way home. I do wait often until the little light tells me it is time to refill the tank, though I try really hard not to push it too close to empty. This time wasn't too bad.


Organizing and reorganizing ribbon.....


I've been looking forward to Jamie's birthday dinner here....steak and a baked sweet potato. Yum!!


Holly and Beth serenading birthday girl Jamie. Fun times with sweet friends.


Click on over to the Ten on Ten blog to check out other entries!

3 comments:

Miss G said...

I really like the first photo! I think that's my favorite although the last one is fun and so sweet. That picture of Emily is beautiful! cool that you have two monitors. The fueling pic is neat too. Were you doing a project with your ribbon? So glad you joined in! Kelly

Kari said...

I love the pics!! :-) I have absolutely nothing but respect for stay-at-home/work-at-home moms, but it's nice to see how someone else who spends their day in an office does their 10 on 10--it can be challenging to find the beauty in the mundane (which is what this is all about) but you did a lovely job!! Thanks for sharing!! :-)

Kari said...

I replied to your question on my blog--just wanted to give you a heads-up. Thanks for reading!! :-)