Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Party debrief

The week before Thanksgiving, I bought a new toy - a Canon EOS Rebel T1i.  I had a Rebel film camera years ago and enjoyed taking photography courses in both high school and college.  I'm excited about picking up the hobby again.  And I love digital cameras for the ability to snap and snap and snap....and then delete, delete, delete!!

Here are selected photos of my decor .......

















Last night was my annual Christmas party....the 10th annual to be precise.  I was thinking back over the years and though I was in my apartment for 7 years, I only had 5 parties there.  I've been in my house a little over 4 years, but due to the timing of my move, this was the 5th party in this house!  Kinda hard to believe.  

Because I'm a nerd, I've kept up with the stats from all the years -- I had 43 people in attendance last night, which tied for the second highest attendance year ever.  I've averaged 33 per year over the last 10 years and have had 140 different individuals in attendance. It is a lot of work, but last night I remembered why I do it -- I can facilitate community among friends and they look forward to the various goodies that I put on the table each year.

 Here is a peek at the table setting.....sans food.

















  
Yummy sweets and treats















savory offerings, veggies and dips















and the aftermath.....
















I managed to fix a huge plate of treats to take to the office and have leftovers of some of my favorites.....crab dip, sausage balls (they go so very well crumbled into a poached egg - as long as the yolk is still runny), forgotten cookies, puppy chow.  




2 comments:

Lana said...

Beautiful! Someday, maybe, we can visit your party. Ours is tomorrow. Most everything made, house as decorated as it's gonna get.

Jim said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you can do this for your friends.