Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010

So it is time again for another seasonal reading challenge!  I don't typically have a list of books waiting to be read. Instead I usually find inspiration at the library.  This time, however, I do have several books on my agenda.

Started a book pair this week that I borrowed from my friend Sarah. I've never read any Karen Kingsbury, though she's been recommended to me for years (mostly by my friend Jenny).  The two books are Even Now and Ever After.


A new book in a series that I absolutely love....the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  She has written a graphic novel, The Exile, as a sort of prequel - and told from a different perspective. I'm intrigued by the idea of the new perspective - and interested to try out a new format.  I've flipped through a couple of pages and it is going to be different for sure!!


Got a new cookbook recently as well and it should be fun to read through. Hoping to pick up some tips and tricks and new maybe some new recipes from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything.  

Another book that has been languishing on my bookshelf is The Heart of the Artist by Rory Noland. Our worship minister provided this to those of us who sing on the praise team and I've just never picked it up to read. Maybe I will and maybe I won't between now and Christmas, but it is in the pile.






1 comment:

jennyc said...

Thanks for the mention :) I do love Karen Kingsbury and have read every one. They're very quick reads.I'm about to start Outlander as soon as I can get it from the library! Like the new look of your blog!