Friday, August 13, 2010

Friendship








The past two weeks, I've been blessed to be able to spend time with a few of my sweet friends. As Sarah left today, she left a card for me that really expresses why the quality of these friendships are so special to me.  Thankfully, I'm very blessed to have also several more friends than just those pictured above to whom the following applies.


the ebb and flow of friendship

there are times
in our lives
when we are so busy
we don't have a chance
to connect,
but there's a rhythm
to our friendship
that's as deep
and as sure
as the sea.


A rhythm
of listening
and sharing,
of knowing
and belonging,
of reaching out,
and reconnecting.


I love being able to pick up
right where we left off.
I love the natural rhythm
of our friendship.


Such sweet friends. So nice to just be able to pick up where we left off - no matter the length of time.  Love you girls....you all know who you are.

No comments: