Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fall Into Reading Wrapup

So, it is time for the Fall into Reading wrap-up post. Over here I made my original list. It was rather short. But, I don't generally have a large list of want-to reads. I just go to the library, see what I see, and come home with some books.

This fall, I started with books from the public library:


Then moved to my own personal library:
  • The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon - a re-read in anticipation of Book 7 in the Outlander series
  • Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon - a re-read in anticipation of Book 7 in the Outlander series
  • An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon -- the NEW book. The books in this series are published about 3 years apart. Definitely calls for catching up. And, as usual, this book does not disappoint.

On to a friend's Kindle library - I was traveling and she loaned it to me so that I could see how I liked it. If I traveled extensively, a Kindle would be great. However, I do not generally buy books and it could become quite expensive.

Then to reread the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer in anticipation of the movie version of New Moon....
  • Twilight
  • New Moon
  • Eclipse
  • Breaking Dawn

And finally, one of my annual reads - an expanded version of what Mary's story might have looked like in preparation for Christmas.

Unafraid by Francine Rivers

I'm currently in the midst of another annual read: Cosmic Christmas by Max Lucado (now published under the name "An Angel's Story")

1 comment:

Nise' said...

Great job on your fall reading! I have been listening to the Outlander series before reading Echo and loving it! Glad to know that the author has done a good job with the Bourne series.