Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My girls

This past weekend my home was flooded with friends. My best girls from college came in and we spent a fantastic weekend ..... eating, laughing, praying, crying, singing, creating ..... it was so so fun.

A tiny sampling of the fullness of my kitchen:





































Mollie and Dara:




















Mollie and Sarah making some YUMMY cake balls.......



















Sara, Mollie & Sarah at Bueno (a request of Dara, our California girl)








































Sarah had a great idea for us to have a creative project to enjoy while visiting, so I dragged out my scrapbook supplies and we went to town!





















Saturday afternoon we ventured out to the Etsy Jingle Bash. Lots of fun, handmade treasures displayed in a funky old building down in Deep Ellum.




















One of my favorite things about these weekends is our late night singing & praying. This year we spent almost 5 hours in worship together, rejoicing and mourning with each other and bearing each other's burdens. These girls are such a blessing to me!


Sadly, it all had to come to an end. Monday afternoon, I did loads of sheets and towels and began to deck the halls of my little home for Christmas. Now, off to visit with my little Emily for the next several days!

Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Fun! Girl time is the best.

MollieRMS said...

LOVE YOU!!

Karen said...

Cake balls are a big thing in Springtown. Haven't made them but seen them demonstrated and eaten them. They are fun. Have had them also at a shower.

Looks like a great bunch of ladies.
I love those times. We get together most Christmases with some classmates. Even those you don't see each other often, when you get together it is like you pick up right away from where you left off last time you are together.