Sunday, November 08, 2009

Colorado Springs weekend

En route to a conference in Denver, I spent the weekend in Colorado Springs with my friend Sara and her family.

Saturday morning, we got up bright and early and headed up to the Air Force Academy to experience ESPN shooting College Game Day. Unfortunately for us civilians, they had a great spot for the Army/Air Force folks, but we were relegated to kinda far back. Lots of folks brought their signs and flags supporting their own teams to try and get on TV. It was a fun experience.....something I doubt I will have a reason to do again!

View from the security checkpoint of the plaza:




















For my Army Ranger friend Ovi:




















a view of the back of the set and the cadets





















Kevin and Jenna

























Sara and I
























but the coolest part by far, in my opinion, was the F-16 flyover.....here's a little video that in no way adequately captures the feeling of those planes flying over so close and so LOUD

video




Sara and I enjoyed a yummy lunch with Rebecca and Kate and then headed to a craft fair in support of a local high school band. I picked up a few things that I didn't really need, but found to be quite unique. I like buying handmade items. It was a full day, but very fun.

After church this morning, we drove towards Pike's Peak and enjoyed brunch at The Pantry in Green Mountain Falls. I had a delicious cinnamon roll french toast, with eggs, bacon and hashbrowns. Yummmmmm!




























No comments: