Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thank you, Urban Spoon

One of my favorite new apps for my iPhone is Urban Spoon.  If you aren't familiar, basically it is a restaurant finder that works like a slot machine (shake the phone to roll the wheels).  You can set neighborhood, type, and price range.  

So, while in Houston for a conference, I decided to really use Urban Spoon to choose my spot for dinner tonight.  I try to eat at local (or at least not national chains) places and tonight this was my find.....wasn't the best Cajun Chicken Pasta, but it was pretty good.
























5 comments:

the Whitelaws said...

So cool!! If I had an iPhone, that is an ap I would definitely have! When we get desperate, we get the phone book out and start at "A." Miss you!

That Girl said...

We're big Urban Spoon people!

Miss G said...

good for you! very cool! Hope you are having a good week! Kelly

Kathylou said...

I don't have an iPhone yet, but I have a GPS that is great at locating restaurants. I love Christies. It has been in Houston for ever. Good seafood.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Came over from converstaions with my hair dryer...

Fantastic ap for the iphone. We started taking "road trips" for spring break a couple of years ago...and one of our big rules is to not eat at chain restaurants. We look for local fare...really give them a feel for their America...instead of just the same chain after chain, fast-food or sit down style.

I'll have to start using Urban Spoon to seek out some great road food finds for us as well!