Friday, December 12, 2008

So tired.....

It has been a whirlwind week.  Started at the new office last Monday. Spent the week putting out fires and trying to get settled.  It was one of our busier weeks of the month, so that didn't help.

With the move, we are having a big sale tomorrow of lots of old furniture, art, lamps, etc that aren't being used in the new space.  While many of the items are a steal compared to their original price, I can say there is NOTHING that would tempt me to spend the prices that are marked.  I had to go over on Thursday and help price -- one of the armoires was priced at $40,000.  Guess that one will have to go to some auction house....can't imagine any of our employees plunking down that kind of cash.

Speaking of the sale, I get to (read: have to) work it as well.  So, no sleeping in for me tomorrow.  That has added all kinds of stress to my brain in trying to get ready for my open house on Monday night.  When you completely lose a Saturday, it gets tricky to squeeze in all the cooking, cleaning and setting up into the weeknights.

That being said, I think I am just about done for Monday night.  All that is left to make is the apple berry salsa (a new addition this year) - and it is best made day before, so that will be Sunday.  Tomorrow after I get home from the auction I plan on straightening the house and getting the table situated.  It is working out that my cleaning lady is coming on Monday, so at least I don't have to stress about the bathrooms being clean for my guests!!  Hoping that I will be able to pretty much have a Sabbath on Sunday.....I NEED IT!

 


4 comments:

Becky said...

40,000??? wow, that is a little bit crazy. good luck finding ANYBODY in this economy that can pay that for a single piece of furniture.

Sarah B said...

Hope the sale goes well. Sounds like you've planned well - no surprises there :) When did we talk last??? Will see you Mon for sure...

the Whitelaws said...

Wish I could be there and help you get ready - that would be fun! I hope that you will get your Sabboth. Can't wait for party pics!

Miss G said...

man! I hope that your day was okay and that you're at home and looking forward to your Sabbath tomorrow! kelly