Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More driving

Last night I spent some more time on back country Texas roads.....183 from Austin to Lampassas, then 281 up to Hico (where I enjoyed a lovely piece of chocolate meringue pie at the Koffee Kup), caught 220 to connect to 67 and then on home.

I still like the back roads better than the interstate, though a small two lane road at night is a bit frightening! It took longer than I would have liked, but I think even the tension over an unlit small road was less than fighting construction and big rigs on I-35.

On a completely different note, my Wal-Mart is officially no more. As I was driving to work this morning, I looked over and cranes had already removed the sign. Pooh. Not sure if they will remove the gas pumps as well, but they probably will.


4 comments:

Amy L said...

We go through Hico on our way to DFW and have heard that we should stop at the Koffee Kup for pie. Maybe next time!

Becky said...

I'm going to miss that walmart too. It has been great for those last minute trips to the store. I loved having one so close.

Miss G said...

Colorado State Bend where we got engaged is right there by Lampassas! And on the way there we went through Hico and that's where I bought the bracelet I'm wearing in our engagement photos, an old bed spring that I plan to use as a "Christmas tree" in my Christmas decor and it was on one of the tables at the reception. :)

Very big booo on Wal-mart. I am so sorry! I heard an ad on the radio the other day for the new one and was grumpy about it for you! :)

Kelly

French Blue Home said...

So why were you traveling so much? Ha, I've been so tempted to get in my car and just start driving to see where I end up!