Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hugs

I somehow, somewhere stumbled upon Rocks in My Dryer a while ago. Can't remember where or why....doesn't really matter. She does some fun things and posts interesting articles. Most recently Shannon has begun hosting guest bloggers who write about what they want her readers to know.

The article she posted today was great. It is something that I've posted about several times before (being single but desiring a marriage and family), but always walked away from my posts feeling like I've been whining and having an emotional breakdown or asking you to join me in my pity party. Tammy so eloquently spells out what I've been trying to say.

Pretty much all of the article resonates clearly with me. The one part that really stuck out to me today is the lack of human physical contact. Going to ACU and having chapel every day, I probably got 50 hugs every single day of my college career. Now, 10 years later, I might get a half dozen a week. It is something that I really miss. So, don't be surprised if I intiate a hug next time I see you!!

And please go read the article.....it might give you some other ideas on how to relate to us single gals.


6 comments:

pdr2 said...

Iam always open to girls hugging on me ;)

Heather said...

I love you and I'll always hug you!!! I thought of you as I read the post on Shannon's blog.

Amy L said...

I love that blog - I actually won her last giveaway!

That series is so great - I always end up either learning something or feeling like I can totally relate.

jaime s said...

I'd give you a big hug if I were in Dallas. I guess I'll have to save it for my next visit...or your visit to TN.

Thanks for passing along the blog. It was very insightful and articulate!

That Girl said...

I will admit... being at church and watching families was the most difficult part of being single for me.

You will STILL have to initiate a hug if you see me! :)

Miss G said...

I am so glad that the post validated your own feelings/writing. I always think what you write is good. Kelly