Monday, November 24, 2008

The Godfather

So, awhile back I put "The Godfather" on my list of movies to watch. I'm sure I had seen bits and pieces, but was pretty sure I hadn't watched the movie all the way through (though I had read the book).

Several weeks ago, I noticed it was on A&E, so I set my DVR to record. Last night I laid on the couch and watched the whole thing. All 157 minutes worth (excluding commercials, which I of course fast-forwarded through!).

Being the huge "You've Got Mail" fan that I am, I knew a few quotes/scenes:

  • "leave the gun, take the cannoli"
  • "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday"
  • "It's not personal, it's business!"
  • when the horse's head ends up in the movie producer's bed and the "AH, AH, AH" screaming
  • the whole idea of going to the mattresses

Seeing all those in context was interesting......now it all makes more sense!!

I've got "The Godfather, Part II" recorded already and will be watching for Part III to come on as well.

I did have to stop and make a run to the computer near the beginning of the movie to figure out who all the actors were. And of course, once I figured out it was Diane Keaton, James Caan and Robert Duvall, I could totally see it. Just that since the movie was made in 1972, I didn't quite recognize the younger version of those actors!



No comments: