Several weeks ago, I noticed it was on A&E, so I set my DVR to record. Last night I laid on the couch and watched the whole thing. All 157 minutes worth (excluding commercials, which I of course fast-forwarded through!).
Being the huge "You've Got Mail" fan that I am, I knew a few quotes/scenes:
- "leave the gun, take the cannoli"
- "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday"
- "It's not personal, it's business!"
- when the horse's head ends up in the movie producer's bed and the "AH, AH, AH" screaming
- the whole idea of going to the mattresses
Seeing all those in context was interesting......now it all makes more sense!!
I did have to stop and make a run to the computer near the beginning of the movie to figure out who all the actors were. And of course, once I figured out it was Diane Keaton, James Caan and Robert Duvall, I could totally see it. Just that since the movie was made in 1972, I didn't quite recognize the younger version of those actors!