Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall into Reading




Since Monday is the official start of Fall -- it is also the official start to Fall Into Reading over at Callapidder Days.

I have a small list going already of the books I checked out at the library last night (which now has self checkout! how long has it been anyway since I went to the library?!)

So, I will add books to this list. But here is my list "to-read" as of today:


  • Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade by Diana Gabaldon

  • "A" is for Alibi by Sue Grafton (heard about her for a while, so I thought I'd start at the beginning!)

  • Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers

  • Hunter by James Byron Huggins

  • Cain by James Byron Huggins

  • The Fourth Perimeter by Tim Green (anyone read any of his books? there are quite a few and they sound interesting....)

  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

  • I'd also love to read the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, but they are all checked out.....


Looking forward to seeing what other folks have on their lists as well!!




7 comments:

That Girl said...

I've read all of the Sue Grafton novels. If I didn't get rid of them in the move, I'll send what I have. I've also read The Kite Runner and it was very good.

russandrebecca said...

loved the Kite Runner!

Teresa said...

I really liked Kite Runner, but I loved A Thousand Splendid Suns which was also written by Khaled Hosseini!

kalea_kane said...

Great list! Love Sue Grafton! I have read all of her books more than once.

:)

Lindsay said...

That looks like a great list. I haven't read the Kite Runner but I have heard its a great book. I hope you have fun reading this Fall.

Katrina said...

Looks like a good list! I thought The Kite Runner was really good. I'll eventually be reading Twilight (and I'm sure, the whole series) as well -- it seems to be sweeping the blog-world!

Thanks for joining the challenge!

lela said...

I kinda wanted to read the Twilight series too, so I got on the hold list at the library. It seemed long, but now it's already ready for me to pick up.

And, I cried most of the way through the Kite Runner. An amazing book.