Saturday, August 23, 2008

Catching up.....

For the past two years, my neighbors have infrequently edged parts of my yard, but there have been spots that have never been edged since I bought my house. And with St. Augustine grass, that makes for a messy sidewalk or driveway.


So, I finally broke down and bought an edger. And did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself.



What I've done so far today:

  • put together the edger
  • mowed
  • weed eated (is that really a word?)
  • edged
  • used my vacuum/blower to suck up all the grass mess from the initial edging



Still to come today:

  • Henry's 4th birthday party at Pump it Up
  • hanging my fire extinguisher in the garage so it is at the ready, just in case
  • Kelly's lingerie shower


~~~~~~~~

In other news, I casually mentioned something about painting my front door when I was home for mom's surgery. The response from my family reminded me that I never posted pictures! Also, I finally found something to hang to the left of my kitchen window (WAY on sale last night at Kohl's).

So, here is a look at the (mostly) finished front porch. Still would love to have a screen door -- and in my spray painting, I didn't tape off quite enough of the trim, so I'm trying to figure out how or if I want to touch that up. If I do get a screen door, I think that would camoflauge most of that issue.






















6 comments:

Whitney said...

The front of the house looks great! A job well done!

Miss G said...

I really like your front porch! Kelly

jennyc said...

Very nice! The door and the new light fixture look really good together! You had quite the productive Saturday!! Always impressed with what you can do in a day :) Have a great week!

Lana said...

Lookin' good! I like the "hanging" by the window -- plenty big without being too much.

Amy L said...

It looks great!

Josh said...

nice job... you've made so many improvements to your place over the years!