Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer

Have I mentioned that it is practically summer where I live? It has been so hot and humid this week. Ugh. Does not bode well for the next 3 or 4 months....

I was going to mow my yard on Tuesday because I couldn't remember when I mowed it last. Thankfully, I don't have those tall weed like pollen machines that look yucky in the yard -- I have pretty solid St. Augustine grass that doesn't even look too bad when it is too long. BUT, it stormed and rained on Tuesday and the ground was really wet and muddy when I got home, so no mowing for me!

Then I had planned to mow tonight, but it was soooo hot when I got home. A phone call from mom this afternoon telling me that she was planning to come and spend the night with me tomorrow had me pondering if I wanted to already have the yard done or plan to get up when it was (slightly) cooler on Saturday morning. The need to sleep in won out. I did eat dinner first and wait until about the last minute to start in order to get it all done before dark. I finished about 8:00, set the sprinklers for 30 minutes and whew, the yard is done for this week. It might be this summer that I break down and hire someone to do this for me. But maybe not.....

So. Mom? We're sleeping in on Saturday!!!





3 comments:

Lana said...

Sounds good to me! I slept till I woke up at 6:27 this morning!! I'm glad the yard's done so I won't feel guilty lollygaggin' while you work!

Amy L said...

I do not miss having to do the yardwork - good for you for getting it done before your mom's visit!

That Girl said...

I was just checking to see if your weather pixie was up. I see I'm not the only one!