Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend recap

This was another busy busy weekend.....drove to Abilene on Friday afternoon and met with a good friend from college who is now a financial planner. It's a great relationship because I trust him....and he'll do the things that I don't want to do! I do a pretty good job of managing the day-to-day, it's the long term planning and investment decisions that I don't enjoy doing. So, now I have someone to help guide me in that!



Saturday I got my hair cut again....friends here in the big city give me grief for going home to get my hair cut, but Estella has been cutting my hair for almost 20 years -- and it is really hard to give up that confidence (plus it's cheap!!).



Finally found a side table that will work next to my tall red chair....it's an antique oak plant stand that my parents found at a fun shop.




























Then went to a fancy dinner and was able to spend some sweet time visiting and catching up with my friends Mollie and Dava Lynn.




















Celebrated my birthday (two weeks early!) with my family at lunch on Sunday. Got two fun books from my parents and a handy thermometer for the kitchen that I was wanting from Heather & Phillip.

Now it is back to reality for a few more days.....then I'm off to a scrapbook retreat this weekend! Can't wait.

6 comments:

jaime s said...

What a fun weekend!

I used to drive back to Abilene to get my hair cut after I moved to Dallas. You seriously can't beat the price (even when you factor in the money spent on gas!)...maybe not but a great, cheap haircut and a chance to see old friends...I'm with you!!

Cute haircut BTW!!

Lana said...

So glad you came -- come again sometime!

Whitney said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I like your new table and your haircut! Don't feel bad- I know lots of girls that still travel back home to have someone cut their hair- usually b/c of the price!

the Whitelaws said...

Love your new table and the black/green flower outfit! Sorry I missed you, too! Will be here Easter, so will my parents. Come see us if you can.

Scrapbook retreat - how wonderful! I could send you my stuff to work on if you're lacking a project. I don't think I'll ever catch up. :)

SG said...

Love that table!

Snapshot said...

You are such the entertainer!! Love the table. Realized that you have an old blog address on your Zoe friends links. My new link is
http://www.takingcareofthetemple.blogspot.com

Happy belated birthday.

Does it mean something that my word verification letters spell
THUD?