Monday, December 17, 2007

Welcome to My Home!

>Christmas Tour of Homes

BooMama is hosting a holiday tour of homes today......




























my living room:



















close-up of the snowmen on top of the TV:



















some favorite ornaments through the years:

























I'm more of a snowman girl, but I've got a collection of Santa's also - these are on the desk in my office. Several of these came from my grandma -- see the santa in green? The writing on his pedestal is 1908 Germany. Don't know if he is really that old (probably not) or a representation of Santa from the turn of the century.




















Some Christmas books I've enjoyed my whole life! Feel Santa's Beard is from my first or second Christmas and is falling apart because it has been "loved on" for so many years!


















my guest room - Santa's comin!



















my favorite Christmas blanket: a snuggly down snowflake throw from Target several years ago

























of course - the Texas flag stays in place....decorated with a metal snowflake/jingle bell garland




















This photo didn't turn out the best -- it reads "Flakey Friends Welcome" and hangs in my guest room. Thanks for visiting my home decked out in holiday style!

16 comments:

Miss G said...

Jenni, your house looks so great! I'm so glad I've seen it in person as well! I really like the Rudolph stuffed animal and the old Rudolph book!! Will you teach me how to make one of those photo collage things? Kelly

Lana said...

Everything is so festive! Can't wait to see it in person in a few days!

Monkey Giggles said...

Your little snowmen are so cute.

Melli said...

Oh, all your decorations are beautiful! I LOVE all the snowmen - and your living room is sO country! Gorgeous!

jen at talking hairdryer said...

I'm a snowman girl, too! I love to leave them out until the end of January. Your house is very cute!

KC said...

This was so much fun, thank you for inviting us. I love that even your beds are done up for christmas.. I'm going to have to remember that and see what I can find on the after christmas sales for next year..
Merry Christmas

Miss Patti said...

How wonderful

Whitney said...

Your house looks great- you are so festive!! Merry Christmas!!

Hootin' Anni said...

Each and every ONE is perfect. Lights on the bedpost...cool. And the Texas flag all decorated, even better [I'm Texan}

I have a slide show for my tour.
I hope you can get connected to view with me, if not, I have a few thumbnail images on my regular blog too.---

My Slide Show Tour

Stacie said...

very nice, I love the red snowflake blanket too!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Everything looks so warm and cozy! Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

Southern Heart said...

Your home looks so warm and welcoming...I love your snowmen; they're so festive and cheerful!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Gattina said...

Your snowmen are adorable !

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Lots of cute Christmas touches in your lovely home; thanks for sharing! :)

Shelley said...

Merry Christmas! You house looks great! I sneak a peek at your blog regularly... (ACU ALUMNI as well, dont know if you remember me :)Anyway, very cute place. Love the Guest room. That bed is so cute!

Elaine A. said...

I like your Christmas books. I have started a collection. I especially like the one where you feel Santa's beard. It must be like Pat the Bunny for Christmas. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!