Thursday, December 20, 2007

One more day....

Only one more day til Christmas vacation. This week has been truly crazy:

  • Staff meeting - where I unexpectedly had to make 3 presentations, rather than just 1.

  • Revenue distribution - 1,000 checks generated, 1,500 pages of owner detail to print, fold, stuff and mail.

  • Board meeting - presentation of budget and constant tweaks and changes over the past two days to get the slides exactly perfect. Not unexpected, just a little stressful.

Now, I can relax a little and try to wrap up a few more loose ends tomorrow....then I'm off til January 2!! My parents are coming in tomorrow and we'll spend the next several days hanging out as a family - doing a lot of nothing much, but spending good quality time together. A quick trip thrown in to visit a good friend and some down time to un-decorate my house before heading back to work to start the true craziness....closing December and preparing for the audit!




*********

Another photo (in the sunshine!) of my new toy



















*********

And a
Fall Into Reading update - my original post here listed 18 books. My list has been somewhat rearranged as I've looked closer at the some of books. Several of them I tried to read, but just couldn't get into. I've also added several others along the way. So, here is the wrap up:

done:
The Last Disciple...Hank Hanegraaff/Sigmund Brouwer
Cocktails for Three...Madeleine Wickham
Emily Ever After...Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt

done - not on the original list:
The Last Sacrifice...Hank Hanegraaff/Sigmund Brouwer
Finding the Love of your Life....Neil Clark Warren
Skin...Ted Dekker
Fast Women...Jennifer Crusie
Map of Bones...James Rollins
Cosmic Christmas...Max Lucado
Unafraid...Francine Rivers

started, couldn't get into it, abandoned:
The Historian...Elizabeth Kostova
Cold Sassy Tree...Olive Ann Burns
The Thief Lord...Cornelia Funke
The Navigator of New York...Wayne Johnston
Red House...Sarah Messer
Valley of the Dolls...Jacqueline Susann
Shopaholic & Baby...Sophie Kinsella
Bergdorf Blondes...Plum Sykes
Family Trust...Amanda Brown
Everyone Worth Knowing...Lauren Weisberger


still to go:
Over Her Head...Shelley Bates
Hope of Glory...Nicole Petrino-Salter
Tuesdays With Morrie...Mitch Albom
A Bend in the Road...Nicholas Sparks
Walden and other writings...Henry David Thoreau

*********

I may not make it to post much over the holidays, so from my home to yours, hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Nise' said...

Great job! Sorry you did not get into Cold Sassy Tree. Hope you try it again. It is one of my all time favorite books!

Katrina said...

Thanks for posting your wrap-up, Jenni! I don't think I've read any of the ones on your "abandoned" list, but I know that feeling of just not being able to get into a book. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Wade said...

Just swinging by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

Sweet ride, by the way! You should put some 26 inch wheels on that bad boy - you'd be so fly!

W

Mae said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Love your gift to yourself. FAB~U~LOUS!

cary said...

Nice car. It is very pretty. The Durango used to be my favorite, but I will never have one, so I had to choose a different favorite. Hope you did what we talked about. :-)