Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Menu

So, looking back into my archives, I realized that it's been a while since I shared with you the menu for my annual holiday party. So, for you new readers, here it is (red indicates I've already made it for this year):

  1. party weenies
  2. sausage balls
  3. sausage dip
  4. crab dip
  5. corn dip
  6. homemade salsa
  7. veggies / ranch dip
  8. banana bread
  9. strawberry bread
  10. zucchini bread
  11. fudge
  12. peppermint bark
  13. puppy chow
  14. sugar crisp chex mix (see a funny post about this from last year)
  15. forgotten cookies
  16. missouri cookies
  17. haystacks
  18. almond tea
  19. apple cider
  20. coffee

Yes, I make everything myself and from scratch. Thank goodness for rubber gloves - as many times as I washed dishes this weekend, my hands could be in terrible shape!! It takes some skillful planning to get everything done, but it is so worth it!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

You go girl! I'm quite impressed with this menu!

SG said...

Wow! How long does this take you every year?

Jenni said...

I usually spend evenings of about a week and one or two weekends preparing the food. That doesn't count grocery shopping time, invitation prep, etc.

Mae said...

I was thinking about making your peppermint bark last week, but as I am most definitely NOT the uber-organized person I realized that somewhere in the 3 moves that have taken place since you sent me the recipe I can't. Mind e-mailing it to me in all your spare time? :) enjoy the party! I was in DFW a few weeks ago and thought of calling you, but it was a red-eye to LAX and way too late.

Jenn said...

yum, yummy, yum-o! excellent list! my mouth is watering. and isn't choclate bark the easier thing in the world to do? and everyone loves it!!!