Sunday, November 04, 2007

Colorado

Another trip to Colorado.....though still for work, it is a different kind of trip this time.....no early mornings, no private jet, etc.

Spent the weekend in Colorado Springs visiting my friend Rebecca and her husband Russ. I was one of Rebecca's bridesmaids 11 1/2 years ago....so hard to believe that it has been that long!!! We've never lived close (the most recent example is that they just returned from two years in Thailand!), so when I decided to come for this conference I was determined to make a visit work. Thankfully, it worked for their schedule, too!

We really just spent the weekend relaxing and catching up -- I'm not much of an outdoorsy person, so hiking or climbing didn't hold much appeal for me (though the weather was beautiful to be outside!!!). And then this afternoon, I headed out for Denver for my conference.

Hopefully, I'll learn something in the next couple of days and will be able to stay awake in the sessions!!!

1 comment:

RD said...

Hope your time in Denver went well (and that it was at least somewhat interesting!). Enjoyed our time together this past weekend - thanks for being willing to do nothing but lay around all weekend (I wouldn't have just anyone in my home less than two weeks after surgery!) Let me know if it becomes an annual trip for you. :)