Monday, October 01, 2007

Trimming the Hedges

Thanks to my brother-in-law, Phillip, I was able to (mostly) remove some fairly unruly hedges from my front yard tonight. I had borrowed his electric hedge trimmer to just try and tame the chaos --- and ended up 90 minutes later with five or six stumps. Yay!!!

So, does anyone have any tips or tricks on getting the stumps out? And how to protect my daylilies and iris while doing so? Should I just pull out the bulbs and replant later?





Before:
















After:















3 comments:

Lana said...

Way to go!

the Whitelaws said...

What a woman!

Amy said...

I can't believe it's been a year since you moved, but I guess we did talk about it at Zoe last year!

It was great to see you. And, I'll have to ask John about your landscaping questions. That's right up his alley.