Saturday, October 20, 2007

Haircut

These photos are a little strange to me, but I felt I needed to document this particular haircut.


My whole life I've been pretty opinionated about what I want to do with my hair. Cut, grow, perm (never again, by the way), cut, grow, etc..... I still drive back to my hometown to get my hair cut -- just can't beat the price and the 15+ year relationship. She periodically asks when we are going to color my hair (which I'm opposed to doing) and is always excited when I want to do something different than just trim.


So, today I again CUT my hair....this time enough to donate to Locks of Love -- a full 10 inches from the bottom of the ponytail holder. I have thick coarse hair, so it took 3 ponytails to make it easier to cut.





































I don't love photos of myself, and these aren't the greatest, but I felt the need to share with you, my blogfriends, my new much shorter 'do.








































13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great Jenni! Love the new hair-do.
Long time blog reader-
JoAnn in MI

That Girl said...

WOW! That is a wonderful thing to do. I don't think I could do that.

Your shorter do looks great on you!

DJG said...

That is a wonderful thing to do...and the short hair is very becoming. What a blessing your hair will be!!

Miss G said...

So cute! Very fun! Kelly

Elaine said...

CUTE! Locks of Love will be grateful. For a long time I never did anything with my hair and now I love changing it up. I'm trying to grow mine out for LoL but it is taking forever. You have always had that super great hair that grows so naturally nice and fast. I know you are going to get lots of compliments! (I also drive from Chicago to Lafayette, IN to get my hair cut!)

Wade said...

Wow! Look at you! You look great! And what a wonderful charity, too!

jennyc said...

That's great Jenni and you look wonderful! I'm so glad you made it out of your "trapped" adventure - how scary!

Susan said...

Love your new do!! I want to do something similar when I finally donate my hair to the Pantene Great Lengths program. Congrats on the new lovely you!

Snapshot said...

Wow, you look marvelous and did a wonderful thing too!

SJ said...

Jenni! Hey girl! Sorry to stalk you but I saw your post to the other Jenni about her "FCU" and had to say hi! Your hair looks so cute, by the way. That's a lot of hair!

Anyway, hope things are going well for you! Stop by my blog sometime...ok, that just sounds so funny to me. What has this crazy world come to?

Sunny

jen at Conversations said...

Why, yes, we did go to the same school. I recognized your photo and have even stopped by your blog a time or two via others' I know from our school.

Your hair is cute. How I long for thick, coarse hair. I have fine, flat hair. I am also against putting color in my hair. It's just a slippery slope I can't afford.

Sarah B said...

I love your new haircut, too....but those pictures of the cut off hair freak me out for some reason!!! :)

Jenn said...

why, aren't you just the CUTEST?!!!