Sunday, September 09, 2007

Projects

My friend Kelly came over last Thursday night and helped me re-think and reorganize my scrapbooking supplies and craft closet in my office. I don't have any "before" pictures, but the after make me very happy. Now I am able to find and pull out exactly what I need, rather than having to open and unload every container. We both love to organize and actually this was payback to me for a fun Saturday about four years ago when we spent the day organizing her closet.











Then over the weekend, I have been creating a quote canvas to hang in my dining room. I had never painted on canvas before, so it was a unique experience. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I spent about 20 minutes priming the canvas with gesso on Friday night, spend about 30 minutes Saturday night rolling on the background color, and only about an hour today painting the words. I'm pleased with the result - no it is not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good for a novice!

I'm planning to do another canvas for Christmas decorations and swap them out.










Now, to sit and rest for a few minutes before I head out to my small group.....

7 comments:

jettybetty said...

Wow! I am very impressed--if there are mistakes--I am not seeing them.

I wish I had the gift of organization that you do--your scrapbooking supplies look so nice.

Sarah B said...

The quote looks great. Good for you for following through (as if there were any doubts...) Interesting quote. I think it fits you to a "T".

That Girl said...

If you're looking for a bunch more rubber stamps... I was into stamps a WHOLE lot about 11-12 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Jenni! Both things look absolutely wonderful! The closet and the quote! Wow! I really like the containers you got and the tissue paper holder looks like it works great on those hooks. Kelly

Heather said...

The quote looks GREAT!!

jennyc said...

Has it really been 4 years since Kelly's closet adventure? Yours looks great! And I LOVE the canvas quote! How did you paint the letters? They look wonderful. And I agree with Sarah - that quote just screams Jenni!

Casdok said...

How organised!