Monday, September 17, 2007

new license plates & scrapbooking

So my question of the day is this......why did I have to get new license plates?

I bought my car in November 2000. So, this November will be 7 years that I've had my car. When I renewed the registration, they sent me new license plates. WHY??

*********

I went on another scrapbook retreat this last weekend. And ..... drumroll, please ..... I finished my scrapbook! It started with my surprise 30th birthday party last year, covered my trips to New York and Germany, the purchase of my house last fall, and Christmas. Yay!! Now, I just have to decide if I have enough scrapbook-worthy things going on to start another.....or just come up with other projects for retreats.

My favorite part of these retreats is just being able to sit around a visit with these ladies from church that have become such mentors and friends. Church can be so hectic trying to chase kids, meet commitments, etc that it is hard to have time to really visit. These retreats provide hours and hours to talk, laugh, cry, and share with each other. It is so good.

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

What a fun way to fellowship with people you love!

I cannot believe it's been a whole year since you bought your house.

I would love to see the before/after pics!

Jim said...

The reflective coating on your license plate wears off. So, after 7 years, you get a new one.

Heather said...

Ditto what Daddy said. We were just talking about that at church on Sunday!

That Girl said...

I started a scrapbook about my trip to Hawaii. I'm now on Day 3 of an 11 day trip.

That was in August, 2000... it ain't gonna happen!

MissGayle said...

Actually, in the state of Texas you have to get new plates every 7 years - it has always been that way.

Hooray for the scrapbook! I have never had the patience to scrapbook, I just like taking the photos. :)