Monday, June 04, 2007

The Train

Rambling thoughts from a public transportation rider.....

This afternoon, some pretty strong storms moved through my area. Strong enough, in fact, that it affected our train. When I got on my red line, it was standing room only (which is rather unusual, given that it was about 4:30 pm). The length of time at stops was longer than normal.

About halfway home, a group of teenagers got on the train. They were so extremely obnoxious. Loud.....belligerant.....disrepectful....profane.....obscene.....etc. Deep down, I wanted to confront them, but was quite too afraid to do so. Thankfully for the rest of the train riders, they happened to get off at my stop.

Then I ran to Wal-Mart on my way home.....I had a return and a few things to grab. While in the food section, a young man "recognized" me from the train.....then proceeded to ask if I had a boyfriend ("no") and a phone number ("no thank you!").

Just when I think there are no prospects in the world......hmmmmm

3 comments:

That Girl said...

The grocery store IS supposed to be a great place to meet guys... I'm just sayin'. :)

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious! sorry about that! Kel

Amy said...

Did you recognize him as one of the teenagers?! That is too funny. You never know who you're gonna run into at Wal Mart!