Sunday, May 27, 2007

Some assembly required

I know there are a lot of folks that are scared by those three little words.....but generally not me. I am sitting typing in my new desk chair....which took me about 30 minutes to put together. It's not rocket science, but comforting to know that I can follow directions and assemble something! The story of the chair itself is a good one -- I've been looking for a new chair for months and found a great one -- but it was a little more pricey than I wanted to spend. However, never did find another that matched up. So, finally decided to bite the bullet yesterday -- and what do I find out when I get up to check out? The chair is $90 off! Plus I had a $20 coupon, so it was less than half price!! Yippee!!!

Quick catch up on my reading - I've finished all the Harry Potter books and am now waiting anxiously for both the movie from book 5 and the release of book 7 later this summer. Also finished the Uncommon Heros series by Dee Henderson. Quick reads, but fun to see a glimpse into military life.

My parents are in town this weekend -- anticipating the thought of a long holiday weekend without seeing their girls caused a spur of the moment trip. They are staying with Heather & Phillip this time.....we're off to see Pirates of the Carribean at the Studio Movie Grill in a little while.

Looking forward to slowing down a little bit in the next few weeks. This next week will mark 4 in a row that I'm out of the office 2+ days. Nice to have the change of scenery, but it makes for craziness trying to make sure that everything continues to flow as intended.

And maybe, if it stops raining, I'll mow my yard sometime soon!

3 comments:

DJG said...

I saw Pirates yesterday..it was a fun movie.

In some ways I wish I had waited and read all the Potter Books at once. I have re-read the first two or three a couple of times when a new one is coming out.

Send us some rain....please!

That Girl said...

Please send the rain our way!!!

jettybetty said...

I am loving the rain--as long as it keeps from getting hot--I am good.

I am proud of you for putting the chair together! Why let 3 words stop you?