Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Trip to the Library

When I was younger one of the highlights of summertime was trips to the library. I remember sometimes leaving with 20+ books. I feel like I'm reverting to a younger me.....

Dropped off the last three library books this afternoon and came home with 8 more:

currently reading:
Heartburn Nora Ephron

on tap:
Voice in the Wind Francine Rivers
Where is Joe Merchant? Jimmy Buffett

The Pocket Muse: Endless Inspiration Monica Wood
The Forgetting Room Nick Bantock
The Museum at Purgatory Nick Bantock
Alexandria Nick Bantock (book 5!)
The Morning Star Nick Bantock (book 6!)

If you aren't familiar with Nick Bantock, he wrote a wonderful unique series about Griffin and Sabine, two people who exchange letters and illustrated postcards. I was introduced to this series in high school and was astonished to find there are two more books!! Plus he wrote several other things, which I decided to explore also. I'd recommend the whole Griffin and Sabine series to anyone. It's definitely a stretch for your imagination.....

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

I should read your Griffin and Sabine. I know how much you love them. When you read Voice in the Wind (Rivers: 1-it can take a little to get into it, but then you're hooked; 2- you need to have book 2 close by when you finish book 1. I LOVED that series - very powerful history, but the "cliffhanger" at the end of book 1 you'll want to resolve quickly :)

elizabeth said...

Voice in the Wind was one of my favorite series of all time! I agree with Sarah. Give yourself a few chapters to get into it.

Jon said...

Jenni,

Jon Spears here. ACU. Remember? I do I add you to my blog and vice versa?

Leah say's hello