Sunday, April 01, 2007

Reading update.....

Finished:

Lord John and the Private Matter -- I absolutely love Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. This book carries forward the character of Lord John Grey from those books. Sad to say, I really didn't like this book. If you've read the Outlander series you know the particulars of Lord John and his lifestyle preferences. This book explored that part of life much more than I really enjoyed. Plus, the book just didn't draw me in. So, I wouldn't recommend it and I don't think I'll be reading any more in this series.

The Accidental Bride -- decent modern romantic fiction. Wouldn't read it again, nor would I really recommend it, but it was okay.


Currently reading:

A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffett. So far so good - different than what I "normally" read, but I'm enjoying it so far. Not quite as quick a book to read, though. We'll see how it ends up.

2 comments:

DJG said...

I read a Salty Piece of Land....it is different, but the island wanderer wanna-be in me loved it!

Sarah said...

Hey - I remember you saying that you read Kristin Billerbeck's Ashley Stockingdale novels. Have you read the Spa Girls books yet? I just finished them this past week. They're pretty good if you want to add to your reading list!