Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weekend Recap

Busy, busy weekend. Wait, let me back up.

Busy, busy last week. Monthly staff / board meetings at work, plus babysitting auditors, trying to help them learn our business --- kinda difficult when they have a hard time asking a question. Quite frustrating, actually. I get the distinct impression that because they don't understand what I do, they assume that I am trying to hide something or lie to them. Maybe that is a little harsh, but it is the feeling from across the desk. I'm so hoping they wrap up this week on schedule and are out of my hair.

Friday after work I ran several errands, including a long overdue trip to Target. When Wal-Mart wasn't convenient I started shopping exclusively at Target. Now that Wal-Mart is literally across the street, I haven't been in Target in a few months. I've missed it. Got a new front door mat, linens for guest bed, and bedside lamps for new guest bed, and a new cabinet for some of my seweing supplies. Very productive trip. Then came home and put the cabinet together - my arms are still sore.....

Yesterday I headed out to Forney to a strip of antique/junk stores along Hwy 80 hoping to find some recycled white picket fence for a headboard for my guest bed. Had called my sis and bro-in-law to see if I found something if one of their vehicles might be free to help me cart it home and they decided to come along. It was fun to just wander and hang out for a few hours. Came home after a trip to Blockbuster and watched movies all night. Saw
The Departed and Come Early Morning. Two very different movies. The Departed was very harsh, but intriguing. And I love all the actors, so somehow it made the blood, guts and language easier to bear. Come Early Morning just looked interesting - I hadn't heard anything about it. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but it wasn't horrible.

Today after church, I headed to Home Depot. Since I hadn't found the fence in a recycled format, I decided to just build it. Getting kinda anxious to finish up this room and I'm tired of looking. So, bought pickets and braces - had them cut to size and came home to construct the headboard. Didn't take very long, thankfully. Now, I just need to paint it and I'm done!

4 comments:

Sarah B said...

Yea for the picket fence! You amaze me :) Can't wait to see it. Will check on the book thing later....did you ever read Dee Henderson series? I LOVE both of her series, romance but with a plot and spiritual themes. (have read them all at least 2x, some more!) That's my suggestion of the night.

Karen said...

Love the picket fence headboard! I've always wanted to do one of those for a girl's room or guest room. Maybe in the next house....

Lana said...

Wow -- you were an industrious girl! Can't wait to see our new bedroom -- bed, headboard, lamps, linens! Won't be too long now till our next trip!

That Girl said...

Don't you just LOVE being an independent girl who can do things for herself? You go!