Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lent

Growing up in the church of Christ, we didn't follow the "Christian" calendar.....that includes things like Ash Wednesday and Lent. In the past few years, as I've been around more and more people who are Christian (but not church of Christ), I've tried to incorporate some aspects of the season. I haven't done nearly as good a job at spending focused time in prayer and study, but when I've chosen to give something up for Lent, it has at least forced me to be mindful when I am craving whatever it is that I've given up.

This Lenten season, I'm not giving up anything specific -- but I am focused on doing better with what I use to fuel my body. Which means there are lots of things that I won't eat. I also intend to try to exercise at least a few times a week -- which is a huge step for me, since I don't exercise at all now. And hopefully, I won't throw it all out the window after Easter.

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

Good for you! I'll be asking how it's going. Let me know if I can help in any way. I love the idea of Lent, but have never actually done it. Probably should have thought about it before today... Sarah B

Heather said...

I'm really proud of you!!! When I started walking, I just wanted to walk every night because I felt like I was doing something good for me! I hope you get the same feeling.