Friday, February 16, 2007

Home Blessing

When I moved to the metroplex almost 8 years ago, I started attending Crosstrainers, a singles bible study through my church hosted in the Clifton’s home. Over the years, Crosstrainers moved with the Cliftons through several homes. On the first Wednesday night meeting in each new house, we blessed the home and the family by praying throughout the home for specific things in various rooms.

Last night, I was blessed to have such a “prayer walk” through my home. Jim led our Crosstrainers bible study and he facilitated last night. We started in the living room with admonitions from scripture on blessing and consecrating a home to the glory of God and His service. And then we moved around from room to room and began the blessing of my home – the living room, office, guest room, my bedroom, yard, and kitchen. The Cliftons were there, as were some of my elders, our preacher and other close friends. I was moved to tears several times by the sweet words that were prayed over those rooms and my life.

I do truly hope to use the blessings the Lord has heaped upon me to bless others. And I love to entertain and make my home open and inviting to friends and family. I’ve been told that I have a gift of hospitality and desire to use this home to cultivate that gift and share warmth, love and welcome to everyone that stops by.

4 comments:

Ryan and Lesli said...

I think it is so awesome that you did this! I have never heard of anyone doing anything like this and was very encouraged when I heard about yours. I will have to store that back for future reference!

That Girl said...

What a wonderful thing to do! I love that!

Lana said...

How wonderful! I thank God for your special, deep relationship with your friends and the love they have for you.

DJG said...

Terri took my words. A great practice that provides many blessings.