Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tired and frustrated

I'm tired. I'm frustrated.

I'm tired from work. I'm stressed from the year-end hoopla. Thankfully we have a couple of new folks since this time last year which have drastically cut down my hours (see here and here). But, the stress has still been pretty high and I'm tired.

I'm frustrated at the place where I am in my life. I'm sure most of it is just cyclical emotions, but I've had some good time the past few weeks with my new little friend Charlie (my friend Heather's 2 month old precious boy) and I'm so ready for that part of my life! I know I'm not supposed to wish away the "now," but I can't help it. The fact that there really aren't any prospects for moving things along makes it even harder. And it didn't help that today I found out that an invitation that I was issued is good for "me and family" or "me and guest." Read: one guest. If I had a husband and 7 children, we would ALL be invited. But since I am single, I only get one guest. How does that work?

7 comments:

Amy said...

Hugs! Well, since you're the life of the party, how many more people could they possibly need? :)

Heather said...

So, can I ask the obvious question...who's Charlie?

Jacinda said...

((((hugs)))))

Anonymous said...

OK This may sound crazy, but are you so ready for that next stage that you might want to adopt? Probably not. However I have a friend who is 36 and at 32 she adopted a little girl becasue she "Was tired of putting her dreams on hold waiting for Mr Right." She is very happy and loves being a Mom. And her happy little girl is loves her incredible Mommy more than anything else in the world. You can delete this if you want, but knowing how happy my friend is, even though she NEVER thought she would be a single Mom, I just hought I should mention it.

Bret Morris said...

You are the best Jenni. I think you are rare find in a woman. Guys just don't know what they are missing. Keep having hope. I have prayed on many occasions that God will bring you the right guy. I will continue praying.

Paige said...

I love you friend.

Murray & Jaime said...

Oh, Jenni! So sorry...the waiting is horrible. I've been praying for you A LOT lately and will ask for the Lord do drop Mr. Right out of thin air...that's so fun. Sitting there, no prospects, no "hope", questioning like crazy and then out of nowhere...there he is! I hate the waiting period but will pray for you to take advantage of it and prepare for the day that IS COMING!!