Saturday, January 20, 2007

Finished!

Well, I finally finished reading Pride and Prejudice last night. It was good, but I can almost definitively say that I'll never read another Jane Austen book. Whew. My brain is really tired from figuring out all the antiquated language. But, I'm so glad I read it -- and stuck through to the end, since I almost put it down several times!

In other news, it has been a chilly rainy day here today. Nothing resembling ice, but just a dreary day. I ran a few errands, worked for a few hours, now am enjoying just relaxing for the evening.

Hope you all had a great Saturday!

p.s. this is post #400 -- how in the world have I written 400 posts?!?! thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I added this after you commented.

One note (in response to a comment): Texas was a huge undertaking. I think I started it somewhere towards the end of 2005 and finished it in 2006. I was near the bottom of the barrel (just before a trip home, had run out of books to read, and found it on the shelf in the office).

I think living in a foreign country drives me to read more. I'm forgetting English words as it is and I need something to keep that part of my brain going!

Amy said...

400! Wow, there should be some kind of award for that.

I may be the only woman alive who hasn't read Pride. I tried to watch the movie, but just couldn't stay with it!

Anonymous said...

Jenni,
It's been awhile. Maria (Barba) Taylor here. It's been a long time since we were in Nelson dorm. I have been by your blog a couple of times- the ACU blogosphere leads so many places. I must say the Pride and Prejudice is one of my absolute favorite books....it's a classic. i have tried a couple of Jane Austen's other books and not done so well....that's all.

Best wishes on post #401.
-maria