Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 In Review

Ok, quick recap of 2006.....

Jan-Mar -- I worked more that I've worked in several years.....it was a CRAZY time for my business, but I came out of it with a lot of new knowledge and a promotion!

In early February, I was honored to be one of several speakers at my church ladies' retreat. It was scary, but such a good experience. If you want to read my talk, go here.

In March I passed that all important age marker.....the 30th birthday. I know, many of you will say that it really isn't that big of a deal....and you are right. BUT, it is pretty monumental to pass that decade marker. I had lots of fun celebrations with family and friends.

At the end of May, I spent a really fun long weekend with my friends Kelly and Jenny in New York City. We took in a performance of Drumstruck, wandered around and saw lots of touristy things and in general, just had a great fun weekend together!

July brought another trip -- my family's trip to Germany. It was a great trip (you can read more here) and was an overall fabulous vacation.

edit: October brought another trip to Zoe.....and meeting so many new blogfriends! This internet phenomenon has brought me so many blessings in the form of all y'all. (that's Texan for all of you) You truly are extended family to me and I am blessed to have you all in my life.

The huge excitement of the fall was my home purchase! I'm almost finally settled, had a great Christmas party to inaugurate my house, and enjoyed hosting our family Christmas celebration here last week. Now, I'm ready to get undecorated and back to "normal" -- whatever that is!

Hope you all have a fabulous 2007!

1 comment:

TCS said...

what no mention of Zoe?