Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Riding the Train

Today I had quite the dramatic commute home.....apparently a woman was crossing the DART tracks mid-afternoon and was hit by a train and killed. Of course, I had no idea. I just got on the train at my normal stop and found out that I had to get off at the next stop. Then we headed up to street-level to wait for shuttles to the station two stops north. After waiting for a few minutes, a DART engineer let us know that the trains were back on schedule. So, we headed back down to the platform and cram jammed on the train. At the stop where they were shuttling people, there were crowds probably 6 people deep the whole length of the train to get on. Yikes!

Even with the delays and the reroutes it only took me about 15 minutes longer than usual to get home. I just pray for the family of the woman who was killed.

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

what a horrible story, Jenni! What a reminder to take each day as a blessing. Glad you were safe.
SSB

SG said...

That is so sad.

On a seeperate sentiment.. I love that you take the train to work! It seems so big city-ish! :)