Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cold weather?

The past few weeks it has gotten pretty chilly at night. So, rather than risk blowing myself and my new house to the moon, I decided it prudent to have a licensed HVAC company come and check my furnace out before I shifted it over for the winter. They came this morning (in the 9-12 appointment slot -- they made it to my house about 10:40) and officially pronounced my heater in good shape and ready to go.

Now it is going to be in the 80s this week..... oh well, maybe winter will come anyway.

2 comments:

Sarah B said...

Still glad you took the safe option. Gas is nothing to play with!! I was just thinking of how thankful I am for my electric everything as the last 3 years of gas was not fun for me (that fear of fire thing). I'd welcome back the cold as well - I was sweating this morning when I went to vote!! Sarah B

Allyson said...

I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have gotten a chuckle out of this... But the mental picture of you and your house blasting to the moon like a rocketship was just a bit on the funny side! Glad you're safe though, and thanks for the laugh! :)