Saturday, September 30, 2006

Yard Work

Ah, yes. The joys of home ownership -- a yard to maintain. Blech. Not one of my favorite things, but yes I mowed my yard this morning. 45 minutes, start to finish - including trying to mow the alley*, learning how to put oil and gas in my new-to-me mower, and remembering how to start it. Plus a couple of minutes out to talk to the next door neighbor who walked over. All-in-all, not too bad. Of course, that was just mowing. Now I think I probably need a weed eater and some hedge trimmers. Thankfully, we are almost out of the lawn mowing season, so I have plenty of time to get ready for next year.

*the alley was really the priority in this adventure today. I had a letter from the city dated 3 days before I moved in (but about 5 days after I closed) that my alley was in violation of some neighborhood code. And I only had a few days to take care of it. So, I called and got a little extension. But, not a total reprieve. Hence the yard work today. The yard didn't really need mowing, but since I was out I did it anyway.

Now, I'm off to continue nesting.....then later, a trip to the grocery store and figuring out my new washing machine!

3 comments:

That Girl said...

Find yourself a yard boy! You can get them in all shapes and sizes...

Amy said...

I love the house! It is beautiful. I would be all for getting a yard boy myself. :)

Little Light said...

Get yourself a houseboy - he can help with the yard and figuring out the laundry machine.