Monday, September 04, 2006

Moving along

The inspection was yesterday and I have been so nervous all weekend! I really haven't slept well - the fact that I woke up about 3:30 this morning, then heard my electricity go out about 5:00 and was anxious for it to come back on so that I could get my emailed report this morning didn't help!! The power clicked back on about 7:30 and I finally got up about 8:00 - then the inspection report dropped into my mail about 8:15.

All in all, it is a pretty positive report, although the inspector has to point out each and every place where the house doesn't meet current building codes. With a house built in 1955, there are lots of little things. But that didn't surprise me at all. There are a couple of things that we are going to try and get the seller to pay to repair, but even if they don't agree, I'll just figure out how to pay for them myself! So, I think this move is really gonna happen.

I've started accumulating boxes and started packing -- with mom's help of course! I've got 9 boxes down so far and many, many more to go. Better get busy!!

1 comment:

jettybetty said...

YAY--looks like a green light!
I do hope the seller will help with at least some of the repairs!