Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tired

It has been a long, hard, tiring, HOT day. We started off with Grandmommy's service at 10:00 this morning. It was so good - and a good start to some closure. Even with the visitation yesterday I didn't really feel like she was gone. Today, I really did feel it. Then we jumped into our cars to drive to the DFW National Cemetery for the burial. Since my granddaddy is a WWII vet, they decided to be buried there.

After the service at the cemetery, we went to my aunt and uncle's house (my dad's brother) to visit a bit and eat dinner. Then we got back in the car and drove back to Abilene. We got here about 9:00 and are just worn out.

On a very exciting different note, though - I finally made an offer on the house that was accepted! So, tomorrow begins the craziness of getting everything done to be ready to close in a short three weeks. I can't wait!!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

congratulations on the house!

DJG said...

Good news....we will have to come out for your house-warming!

jettybetty said...

I am so excited about your house!

What a week you've had.

Brooks Inc. said...

jenni-

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you ...My grandmother went to be with the Lord a year ago..I remember well all of the emotions you are experiencing...May the Lord continue to walk you through every one of them.

Excited for your new house!

Becky

Donna said...

Congratulations on the house! What a fun thing.
Prayers continue for you and your family. What a blessing you have had your Grandmother this long.

Donna

americangerman said...

We're glad you got your house
We're glad you got your house
Hi HO The Dairy O
We're glad you got your house