Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday afternoon

Well, this Sunday was spent in a totally new and different way for me.....I went driving to look at houses. I had my friend Kimberly with me ...... for the past several years, she has bought and remodeled homes to re-sell. Now, she does mostly new construction -- buys a lot and builds a house. And she does some pretty nice houses!

Today, she put on her realtor hat for me and we went shopping. I had found several listings that I wanted to see in a relatively unfamiliar area for her. We saw most of those listings and a few others that had open houses (dodging some pretty major thunder/lightening storms along the way)......and then, by the end of the day, we put a contract on a house! It is an amazing place and I truly think it is the house for me. Of all the things on my "must have" and "wish" lists, it met every single criteria. It has been on the market for about 6 weeks and has been reduced in price a couple of times. We didn't offer full price, although it is within my range to do so if I must -- I'm always lookin' for a deal!!

So, please say a prayer for me that it will go through --- if of course, it is the house that God wants me to have! (And keep your fingers and toes crossed too!!)

4 comments:

jettybetty said...

THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!
I do hope this is the one for you!!

That Girl said...

Did it feel like home? Did you "just know"? I'm praying for what's right!

elizabeth said...

What a great feeling! I hope it all works out for you!

Amy said...

I'm excited for you! You've waited a long time for this and I hope it works out!