Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Let's Play a Game....

On our retreat last weekend, one of the fun things we did in the late night hours was play a variation of a game that I can't remember the name of.

We each wrote themes and specific words on slips of paper and put them in a cup. Randomly drew out a paper and each team had to come up with songs (and sing at least six words) that contained the word or theme. For lack of anything better to post, and because I haven't had many comments recently, we're going to start playing here.....

Today's theme is "songs containing proper names." Put your song in the comments, with enough lyrics to cover the theme.....

I'll start -- "Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles..... "Eleanor Rigby picks up the rice in a church where a wedding has been....."

Now, it's your turn.

Thursday am: Here's another one: "Cecilia" by Simon & Garfunkel ..... "Cecilia, you're breaking my heart...." c'mon....I know you want to play!!

10 comments:

Elaine said...

John Jacob Jingle Hymer Schmidt
His name is my name too

DJG said...

Oh Donna- Richie Valens

I had a girl, Donna was her name!

Karen said...

Sara - Starship

Sara, Sara, storms are brewin' in your eyes

Elaine said...

Mandy - Barry Manilow

Oh Mandy, well you came and you gave without taking

Karen said...

Johnny Angel - Shelley Fabares

Johnny Angel, how I love him
He's got something that I can't resist
But he doesn't even know that I-I-I exist

That Girl said...

Jessie's Girl

Jessie is a friend
Yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine.

Erica said...

"You can call me Al" by Paul Simon

A man walks down the street, he says why am I soft in the middle now Why am I soft in the middle now when the rest of my life is so hard.

"Oh Mickey" Toni Basil

Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey.

"Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson

She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene.

And for my daughters...
"Old McDonald had a Farm"

Old MacDonald had a farm eiei oh.

Little Light said...

Allison - Elvis Costello (I think)

Allison, I know this world is killing you oh Allison, my aim is true. (again, I think)

Sarah B said...

Tammy - sung by Sandra Dee in old Tammy movies :)

"Wish I knew if he knew what I'm dreaming of - Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in love"

jennyc said...

867 - 5309 Jenny...

Don't remember any words except those or who its by... anyone know more?